Monday, January 11, 2016

CHAPTER 9 PERSISTENCE: THE SUSTAINED EFFORT NECESSARY TO INDUCE FAITH

 
The Eighth Step toward Riches
 
Chapter 9 - Persistence

We are into the time of year when a lot of people make New Years Resolutions.
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions but I do make Goals for my business
which I am sure a lot of people do.

I found it very motivating, not only to make My own goals, but to help
the people I am working with to make and go over their goals as well.
O.K. so we made the goals, now what?

Are we going to attain those goals by just reading them every day?

Are we going to attain those goals by making our goals into a great self talk?
We did also make a plan so that should help us attain our goals.

All that is very important but we need to do more than just read our
goals, say our self talk and outline a plan.  We need to be persistent about
our plans as we go through with the actions we do every single day.

There are many descriptions of the word persistence in the Dictionary. 
My favourite one is “the state of occurring”.

A definition  for “occur” is “to happen.“

Persistence does not sit idle, it does not take time off, it does not
procrastinate, it keeps moving.
Hill tells us “ If one does not possess PERSISTENCE, one does not achieve noteworthy
success in any calling and there is no substitute for persistence.”  
We will attain our goals only if we are persistent. Our actions must be in a "state of
occurring and happening" all the time.
Tuula Rands

No comments:

Post a Comment